Dark Angels is the world’s only residential creative writing programme for business. It exists to help people consider the language they use in the world of work, master their approach to writing and create imaginative, engaging and, above all, stronger human connections.
Founded 12 years ago by John Simmons, Stuart Delves and Jamie Jauncey, Dark Angels has evolved into something quite magical for those who have experienced the courses. The company is now at a pivotal stage of growth and transition. With a new team of Associate Partners in place and an ambitious business plan primed and ready for action, the time is right to find a word-loving, talented bod to help make it happen.
This is a freelance role – devising fun and creative marketing ideas, content marketing and planning, social and digital media management, lead generation and general marketing support. All of this with the freedom to shape and extend the role over time. Take a look at the more detailed job description. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we want to hear from you.
Send your CV, portfolio of relevant experience and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th March 2018.
In More Detail
Sales & Marketing Role*
- The kind of things you’d do:
- Develop imaginative marketing campaigns.
Build a content strategy that will communicate the benefits and
experience of Dark Angels’ open and bespoke writing
- Define and co-ordinate a content marketing calendar in line with
Dark Angels’ brand message and tone of voice.
- Manage and co-ordinate content for all media channels including
website, newsletter and social platforms.
- Develop a sales pipeline by creating wider awareness of open and
corporate programmes through SEO friendly content across
- Work within the team to spot and nurture direct leads
specifically within the corporate learning space.
- Create and manage a CRM database.
- Provide ongoing adhoc sales and marketing support.
- Measure and report on the marketing hits and misses.We reckon that you:
- Have a real passion for writing in all its form and glory.
- Have about 5+ years’ experience in marketing (ideally training)
with at least some of that being digital and content related.
- Get how digital content and lead generation works.
- Aren’t intimidated by selling to large corporate organisations (in
fact, you probably relish the challenge).
- Can comfortably multi-task – managing different projects and
deadlines at once.
- Are goal-oriented, results-driven and love to exceed a monthly
target.You’d be part of something special:
- A collegiate, spirited and supportive company of people.
- An amazing network of inspirational alumni (many of whom are
now friends and colleagues).
- A sincere desire to help others find their voice.
*This role is for 16 hours a month and can be done from pretty much
anywhere. From time to time, there will be a requirement to attend meetings in various UK locations.
Also published on Medium.